Secure every load with our range of car tie-down straps
At Glynde Mitre 10, we make it easy to find your new favourite vehicle accessory. Our range of automotive accessories includes everything from air compressors to jerry cans, polishing wax, graphite powder and more.
Tie-down straps are a simple, convenient way to keep your load secure while travelling. Their durable, reliable designs are easy to adjust and can accommodate loads of various shapes and sizes. Our range of ratchet straps is available in 225kg or 400kg capacities, with our 84x32m Tie Down Ratchet featuring extra-wide webbing and easy grip handles that are a breeze to put on and take off.
Not sure what you need? No problem! Our friendly team will track down the perfect tie-down straps or automotive accessories for your vehicle. Contact us online or visit us in-store and we’ll set you up with the perfect solution.
Make sure your load is secure with our handy tips for tie-down straps
Whether you’re transporting a mountain bike, moving heavy equipment or tying down a tarp, ratchet straps are a handy solution for a wide range of loads.
When travelling, you must ensure that your ratchet straps are tight and secure to avoid dropping or damaging your goods. Follow these ratchet strap tips to ensure your load is safe while travelling:
- Inspect the ratchet straps before use to ensure they are not damaged or frayed.
- Attach the ratchet straps to strong points on your vehicle, such as a tow hook or cargo rack.
- Run the ratchet strap through the ratchet mechanism and pull it tight.
- Make sure the ratchet is fully engaged so that it doesn’t come loose during transit.
- Repeat with other ratchet straps until your load is secure.
Following these ratchet strap tips will help ensure that your load is safe and secure while you’re on the road. Shop online and find your next set of car tie-down straps with Glynde Mitre 10.
How to use a ratchet strap safely
Ratchet straps are a safe, durable and efficient way to keep your load secure while travelling. However, there are a few safety precautions to keep in mind to avoid potential hazards or damage to your vehicle. Check out our tips for safely using a set of ratchet straps.
- Ratchet straps aren’t a replacement for chains. Never use ratchet straps to secure a load in place of chains or other more permanent fasteners. Ratchet straps shouldn’t be left in place for extended periods of time.
- Avoid over-tightening. Be careful not to over-tighten ratchet straps. This can damage the strap or the ratchet mechanism and cause whatever you’re securing to become too tight, which can lead to breakages.
- Always check for damage. Inspect ratchet straps before each use to ensure they’re not frayed or damaged. Damaged ratchet straps can break, which can lead to serious injury or property damage.
Not sure if ratchet straps are right for your vehicle? Get in touch with our friendly team today and we’ll help you find the perfect travel storage solution for your ride.